Thursday, March 7, 2013

Some Sort of Oxblood Take 1

I know it's March, and essentially the end of the season, but I couldn't resist buying some Oxblood lipstick as a last hoorah.  It's been a really crazy winter for me, so I haven't exactly had much time (or funds) to dedicate to beauty.  Living on my own for the first time has made me really value every dollar.  Sometimes, I like to reminisce to just one year ago when a paycheck meant a trip to the mall.  Now, I have actual responsibilities.  This girl is on a tight budget!  But I really couldn't help myself taking a trip down the street (literally I'm a few blocks away) to the MAC store.  I went in on a mission to embrace the oxblood trend while I still could, and I came out with not one, but two.  The lipstick here is "Hang-Up", and I'll snap some photos this weekend of the red-orange "Lady Danger" I also snagged.  I'm thinking Hang-Up may be a little too berry sheen for what I wanted.  I know everyone has "Rebel", so I was trying to break the mold.  I guess there's a reason when something is a best-seller.  I like that Hang-Up has a dewy look to it, since I usually wear matte colors, but I'm thinking about exchanging it for the ever-popular Rebel, let me know what you think!

MAC "Hang-Up" Lipstick


I hate selfies!
I was feeling kind of avant-garde this morning.  Dylan missed his bus so I had to be ready in about 5 minutes flat to drive him, but I think I did okay with so little time.  As you can see I'm seriously obsessed with my Zara Basic Messenger Bag you saw here.  It's the perfect size to fit my journal, iPad, sunglasses, and pretty much anything else.  It's also extremely versatile.  I have worn it with everything from jeans and a t-shirt, to heels and leather pants.  Love!



I have to admit, when I left the house I was channeling St. Laurent Paris from their SS '13 runway.  Because of the hat, black blazer/white shirt/black pants combo.  Not giving myself that much credit.  Although a bow would have really completed the look.  This H&M hat is really amazing, I always throw it on to feel a little more bad-ass, or if I'm hiding second day hair.  These Forever 21 booties are perfect for the Minnesota weather.  With all the snow and salt, I won't be upset if they get ruined because they were dirt cheap.


Hat: H&M
Shirt: Zara
Blazer: Lush
Watch: Fossil
Bag: Zara
Shiny Leggings: Romeo & Juliet
Shoes: Forever 21

 ...and one because I can't take myself too seriously...




No comments:

Post a Comment