Sunday, March 3, 2013

First Outfit Post!

It's taking a lot of courage for me to get in front of a camera this winter. I am currently the palest I've ever been in my life, due to my decision to boycott tanning. And for the record, spray tanning scares me more than real tanning. Mark my words in 10 years they'll be telling us that gives you cancer too, all those chemicals seeping into your skin, no thanks! Getting back on track...it's kind of a struggle to take pictures when it's -5 degrees outside, you look like a vampire, and all you have is an iPhone camera, and its the 4S not even the 5 (woe is me). Here are pictures Dylan quickly snapped of two outfits from the two past weekends...


Last night we were meeting some friends at a local bar, so this was a nice balance of casual chic to compliment my mood. My favorite part was that my sweater was so warm I didn't have to bring a jacket! (Minnesota Problems).  Okay, and the shoes...OBSESSED.  They were my outfit inspiration, in other words I planned my outfit around the shoes.  Dylan calls this my "Cher Hair", but I think the straight hair compliments the simplicity of this outfit, it speaks for itself. Plus, waves would have been too much for a chunky sweater like this. It's important if you're going to hide yourself in some places, you hug yourself in others, and in this case straight hair helps frame my face.

Lipstick: Sephora Rouge "1st Night"
Sweater: DKNYpure (Mom's from the 90's)
Long Sleeve High-Low Shirt: Zara
Clutch: Zara (Get it here:Basic Messenger Bag)
(P.S. This bag was my look for less based on:Marie Turnor Lunch Clutch)
Watch: Michael Kors
Bangles: Hermes, Forever 21
Shiny Leggings: Romeo & Juliet (old)
Shoes: Boutique 9 (get them here: NM Last Call)



Next time I'll try getting better pictures of my accessories...I was so happy to get any pictures that I raced right out the door.  I kept my makeup simple with a more delicate smokey eye, and a berry pink lipstick for a pop of color.



This outfit was from last Friday. Once a year, Dylan's classmates perform a law parody musical. It's the go-to event for all members of the law school, and I was blown away at some of the talent that these law students had! For this outfit, I didn't have much time to get ready, so unfortunately my hair is lacking (that's what happens when you work until 5 and have to be somewhere at 6). The twin set is making a comeback, so I chose this blazer and peplum shirt for a more modern take on it. I was very lucky that the colors were almost exact, with the exception of the blazer being a little more blurple. This peplum shirt was a great find for me, since I have a shorter torso this shape usually doesn't flatter, but this particular shirt is called a "low-rise" peplum, perfect for women with a similar problem! Since we were going downtown to a well-known theatre, I of course needed to jazz things up a bit with these amazing winter-white faux leather pants!

Blazer: H&M
Peplum Shirt: Francesca's Collections
Faux Leather Pants in Winter White: H&M
Nude Studded Platforms: Steve Madden
Clutch: Zara (see above!)
Necklace: Forever 21 (get it here: F21Necklace)
Watch: Michael Kors
Bangle: Hermes

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment