Monday, March 11, 2013

Sushi Dinner

It's been a serious while since last time I had sushi.  Since we moved in August I haven't had it once.  I can partially blame the fact that I'm an East-Coast snob, and was afraid I'd be disappointed so I just kept putting it off.  Finally, we took the Midwest Sushi plunge Friday night with some friends, and it was a party on my palate.  The only problem, is that this particularly delicious Japanese restaurant is only one block away from my apartment.  Needless to say, I'll be getting sushi a lot more often.

I'm having a bit of a love affair with these Boutique 9 heels, and wanted to try the boyfriend jean look with them.  I felt very casual-chic in this outfit, something I've been making a priority in this dingey winter weather.  Some Mac's red-orange "Lady Danger" lipstick to brighten things up, and a leopard belt to make these neutrals a little less boring.  I love leopard, especially as an accent piece.  It really helps tie together blacks and browns, and looks super-hot when paired with bright colors such as the red-orange lipstick I'm crushing on.  Seriously I want to wear it everyday.

Part of my goal with this blog, is to prove that you can wear signature pieces over again, and they can work with different looks.  I'm also not exceedingly rich, or endorsed by brands, so all of my clothes are easily attainable with just about any budget.  I take a great deal of pride in how I present myself, but I do so with affordable clothes, and I want to show my clients and readers that you can too.


Shirt - Urban Outfitters
Belt - Target
Jeans - H&M (old)
Shoes - Boutique 9
Clutch - Zara
Watch - Michael Kors
Bangles - Hermes, Forever 21
Lipstick - Mac, "Lady Danger"



One promise I need to make is to get better pictures.  I'm spend too much of my time getting ready, and then before you know it I'm in a rush to get out the door and this is the result.  Hopefully you get the idea!



Crunchy Roll from Fuji Ya Sushi in Uptown, Minneapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment